Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What's My Motivation?

 4Then the word of the LORD of hosts came to me, saying,
 5"Say to all the people of the land and to the priests, 'When you fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh months these seventy years, was it actually for Me that you fasted?
 6'When you eat and drink, do you not eat for yourselves and do you not drink for yourselves?
Zechariah 7:4-6

When I happened upon this Scripture I had to ask myself, "What's my motivation for ministry, singing, prayer...? Am I involved in ministry for the personal satisfaction, or to honor my Creator? Am I really singing to the Lord, or do I like the sound of the music? Am I praying to seek His face, or just His hand?

By His grace, may I be among the blessed pure in heart, and not self-seeking.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Matthew 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment